The beginners guide to learn affiliate marketing is on individual affiliate programs, and our last lesson was on joining affiliate networks. You should have joined at least one of them by now, and if not make that the next priority of your to-do list. Now you are going to get acquainted with company affiliate programs, so be sure to read this carefully.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link.
If you are interested in learning more about affiliate links, you can read my affiliate disclosure to understand it more clearly.
Independent Affiliate Programs
You can find companies in every niche with affiliate programs, and the image above of WordPress is a perfect example. You can go to their website WordPress.com, and apply to be an affiliate to promote their products on your website. This is the same for many other business websites, so don’t depend on networks entirely.
- Website Plans
- Premium Themes
- Paid Plugins
These are three products/services you can take advantage of simply by joining their program, and you will not find this opportunity on any network as far as I know?
Indie Affiliate Programs
Another example is my blogging community, you are able to join as a Free Starter Member. You can promote their affiliate program without ever having to upgrade to a paid member, so many people do join just to become an affiliate.
- Earn every time someone joins through your affiliate link
- As a free starter member, you can earn $117.50 per year for every person who signs up through your link and upgrades to a premium member.
- As a premium member, you will earn $235.00 per year per person, so this really can add up for anyone who is good at referring people to join.
- 1 out of 8 people who join as a free starter member usually upgrades, so that is not really a bad percentage.
- There is an earning calculator in your affiliate area you can figure exactly how much you can earn, and all you have to do to join is become a Free Starter Member which costs you nothing but your email address.
By any chance, if anyone is interested in joining this affiliate program, you can sign up in a matter of a few seconds.
So this is another good example of an indie affiliate program, and you are going to learn today how to find more of these on your own.
How To Find Affiliate Programs On Your Own?
There are millions of these just waiting for you to join, and I want to make it clear a legitimate program will never charge you to become an affiliate. Stay clear of any that want to charge you, and with that off my chest let us teach you how to find programs in your niche.
Let Us Visit Our Old Friend Mr. Google
Once again we are going to use Google to help us find what we are searching for, and this time instead of possible keywords, we are going to search for affiliate programs in the fitness equipment niche.
- Here is the secret formula what to type into the search bar
- fitness equipment + affiliate program
Now, all we do is wait for the results, and here are the results our old friend found for us.
so we can go down the list of results and check out any of them for affiliate programs, so this is really an easy method to do your research without you doing too much work.
How To Do Your First Search On Your Own
You will do the same as I did in the example only replace fitness equipment with your own niche, but remember to add the + affiliate program after your niche.
Once you do your search you will want to research each one that interests you the most until you find at least two to join, and remember to consider the prices of the products plus the commission to get an idea of how much you possibly can earn.
How To Choose Your Affiliate Products?
I am not able to choose your products for you, but I am able to provide you some things to consider, so I hope what I have learned over the years is helpful? You can always leave me a comment if you have something to share, and now are you ready to learn more?
- Choose your products by the value they will provide your customers, you should be inserting ones in your blog posts that are solutions to the problem.
- Would you purchase this merchandise for yourself, and if I am not willing to invest the money into a product why would my customers?
- Always be sure to check the reputation of the company before you join their program, you never want to be promoting a dishonest company.
- Considering the cost and the commission are you going to earn enough to have been worth your time, you never want to promote a product you are only going to earn a few cents from a sale.
- When possible go for recurring commission products, you will be earning from that one sale over and over as long as the customer doesn’t cancel their subscription.
These are things I consider myself before joining any program, you might think selling low-priced bargain deals is a great strategy. I used to think that way myself, but you will soon learn you can’t earn enough from bargain deals to be worth your time.
What Type Of Product To Sell?
The last thing you will need to consider is the type of product, you have several options you can go with. You will want to take them into consideration before joining any programs, here are the types you have to go with?
Nothing Wrong With Starting Small
There is nothing wrong with starting with small less expensive merchandise as a traffic strategy, I usually use this myself with any new business I startup. Just make sure there are more expensive products available that are in demand within your niche, you don’t want to start a dollar store and then after months of hard work find out you are never going to make the amount of monthly income you are working towards.
Did This Help You Understand Better?
The whole point of these articles is to help you understand this business better, you should by now have your business coming into a good strategy. Even though you are just getting started with adding products and services in your articles, you should pat yourself on your back you have come a long way from my first article.