Today we are going to talk about Halloween witch costume ideas, and I chose this topic because this provides you many interesting facts about people who have been accused of performing witchcraft. If you are interested in learning more about this topic you have come to the right website, and I thank you very much for visiting Free Family Solutions.
Meet Some Real Witches
Can you imagine over 70,000 people were accused and lost their lives believed in performing witchcraft, and this all began around the 1400s? How many of us are curious about if there really are spells and potions we could conjure up ourselves, I for one think this is fascinating just to think that this might be possible. Just think about how many people we could help if this was something we really could do, and now I want to introduce you to some real witches.
Mother shipton was actually Ursula Southei , English prophets of the 16th century actually feared this woman. Being she was not blessed with attractive features might have added to her reputation, and she was given the nickname “Hag Face” by the people. The local folks actually believed she was the daughter of the devil, she predicted several historical events that convinced people even more she pocessed evil powers, so possibly her predictions were thought at that time to be caused by her instead of predictions? Oddly this woman was not executed, but she passed away naturally thought to be in the year of 1561.
Another real witch by the name of Agnes Sampson was known to be a Scottist mid-wife and healer, and of the 70 people labeled as performing witchcraft between 1590-1592 Agnes Sampson was one of them. Most of these poor souls admitted to this under torture, but Agnes denied being guilty until she no longer could bare the pain. The cause of her death was being strangeled and burned to death. Now thinking about this how many of us would not have done the same, we all have our breaking point when it comes to pain.
This is the last person I will be sharing with you today, and I just want to give credit for these people to the website Biograpy.com for providing this fascinating information to share with you.
Merga Bien was known as a well-to-do German heiress during the 17th century, between 1602-1605 there was a witch hunt to eliminate the evil by a Catholic reformer. Merga was one out of the 200 people accused, and she was the most famous as well. Imagine this she was even pregnant with her husband’s child, and she was accused of being pregnant to the devil himself. You see she had been married for 14 years without ever becoming pregnant, so the local folks labeled her child as satan’s child. She met her death in 1603, and she was burned at the stake.
More Real Witches
Even though I am not going to go into details, I do have two more that many of you might be interested in knowing about. Malin Mattsdotter and The Salem Witches are the last two shared in the article, so I do hope this article so far has been interesting to you.
Step By Step Costume Idea
Do you have your heart set on dressing up but you need some help, I just happen to have a Halloween witch costume ideas step-by-step to share with you. so let us get started turning your dream to come true, and now let us begin.
- Black dress is your first adventure to go on to find, and the older and more old fashion could be better than modern and new, you don’t have to look hot to be dressed as a witchy poo.
- You must have yourself a black pointed hat to go with your dress, so this should be your next treasure hunt.
- Black stockings if your dress is not long enough to cover your legs, and remember everyone knows that black is your favorite color.
- Boots that are black are next on your list, so now are you getting the idea?
- You know what would really make your oufit even cooler, I think if you can add a cape to your outfit that would be awesome. Of course you by now know what color, so I am going to skip that part.
- What can we do about your hair, you could go with a wig if your hair is not to your liking for this project. Most of them had long hair, you could go with your favorite color or even another color I am sure there were women with all diffent color of hair.
- Painting your nails black for this would really be a great idea as well, but this is optional depending if you are attending a party or just dressing up for the trick or treaters.
- Make-up was not around during this time, but if you go with any make-up black lipstick comes to my mind.
- Masscara is another option you can consider adding to your costume, and this all depends on how creative and realistic you are trying to be.
- If you happen to have a black cat to hold in your arms that would be awesome, you might even be able to find a stuffed black cat animal toy instead.
This is my step-by-step easy and simple first idea, we now will go to some store-bought costumes that you might wish to consider as well. The cool thing about Halloween is you don’t have to spend a lot of money on a store-bought costume, but if your interested in shopping for one you can take a peek at the ones below.
What About A Scary Mask
Even if you go with the guide above you still might want to complete your costume with this scary mask, so let us learn more about this to see if this is something that would interest you?
Since I am not permitted to list prices for this product, I will tell you it can be yours for less than $20.00. So this is a very small investment to be the hit of your party, I just wanted you to have an idea of the cost even though I am not able to give you the exact price. Next I will give you the highlights, so please read on to learn more.
- Scary mask with hair attached
- Non-toxic material
- Very littile if any odor other than the scent of latex
- Easy to see though and breath, you are able to enlarge the holes if need to as well.
- You will be amazed at the realistic detail of this mask, and you will be scary without a doubt.
- Silver colored hair attached for even more of a realistic apperance
- 100% natural latex material
- One size fits all, even children or adults can be comfortable wearing this product.
This did catch my attention right away, but there were no customer reviews on this product for me to share with you. This would be a great addition to my step-by-step wardrobe guide, so you can consider this while you are reading the rest of my article.
Witches Brew Recipe
Would you possibly be in the mood for something to put into your tummy, I just happen to have a tasty recipe for you. So if you are in need for something extra special to prepare for Halloween, you just might find this is just what you have been looking for.
What You Need
- 10 ounces of raspberries
- 2 1/2 cups of cranberry juice
- 2 envelopes of gelatin unflavored
- 2 liters of ginger ale
- 2 liters of sparkling apple cider non-alcoholic
- 6 piece blanks gummi snake candy
- 1 large punch bowl
Witches Brew Directions
- First you are going to be making a frozen hand for your brew, so you want to rinse the outside of a rubber glove to get started. Turn the glove inside out and set aside for now, we are going to combine the raspberries and the cranberry juice in a 4 cup measuring cup. You will want your raspberries to be thawed out, and now we are ready for step two.
- You are going to pour 2 cups of your mixture into a small sauce pan, and now sprinkle your gelatin over the mixture and leave sit about 2 minutes. Warm over low heat stirring constantly, you will stir until your gelatin disolves. Now you want to mix this back into your measuring cup, now you are ready for step three.
- Take your mixture in your measuring cup and pour it into your rubber glove, next you will want to tie the top of the rubber glove with kitchen twine. Stick the glove into your freezer to freeze, and this will take approximately 2-3 days to completely freeze solid.
- Several days later you are ready to complete your witches brew, we are going to carefully cut off the frozen glove. You will next need your large punch bowl for the next step, so now you are going to place your frozen hand palm side up leaning against a side of your punch bowl. For the finishing touches of your Halloween brew you will now add your ginger ale and sparkling apple cider, and lasty you will garnish with your gummi snake candy.
If you enjoyed this recipe you can get more like this one by visiting one of my favorite websites, All Recpes. I hope you don’t mind me adding this recipe to this article even though this article is about providing you Halloween witch costume ideas?
Dark Sorceress Costume
Before I tell you about this, you can get this and other spooky products at the website Halloween Costumes. so now I will tell you a little about this haunted dress, and I am sure it will tempt you once you hear all about it.
- 100% Polyester
- Interlock mesh fabric
- Pullover sleeves
- Black interlock dress
- Cowl neckline
- Hooded mesh cape
- Ribbon ties at the neck
The black knit dress is the color of a starless sky, but the real star of this costume is the hooded mesh cape. Tie the ribbon at your neck and finish off the whole look in smoldering black lipstick.
Embrace your dark side and see the magic of your ways, just be sure to catch up on your sleep at some point!
Witch Tales Watch Free
Since this article is about witches, I thought sharing free videos from YouTube would interest some of you. If you are reading this article you must have an interest in witches and witchcraft, so below I have listed some of the videos you can choose to watch if you desire to.
- The Legend of the Bell Witch
- 4 Scary Deep Woods Tales
- 4 True/Creepy Horror Stories
- Witches Documentary
- The Top Witch Stories
- 5 Darkest Cases of Witchcraft Trials
- Tales From the North
- The Man Who Made Witchcraft
- 4 Terrifying Encounters With Real Witches
These were the top 9 from my search on YouTube, and if any of these tempt you here is the link to Watch Them. I don’t know about you, but I find many helpful and interesting videos on this website. Many people forget there is so much help waiting for them on these videos, so I just wanted to remind you if you ever have a problem, check this site and you just might find the answer.
Scary Halloween Costumes For Kids
Since you were interested in this article for some ideas, you might be interested in reading my article Scary Halloween Costumes for Kids. This article focuses on what interests the majority of children today, and writing this blog post was educational and interesting for me. For your convenience I have shared the headings of each paragaph below, so this will give you an idea if you want to take the time to read this article or pass it by.
- Children Trick or Treat 2020
- Brand New Virus Infected Costume
- COVID-19 Commercialized
- Budget-Friendly Book Store
- Family Time Activity Ideas
- The Canterville Ghost
- Who Loves To Read Quotes
- What is Trick or Treat All About
- The Bad Side of Halloween
Halloween Witch Costume Ideas
I do hope this article provided you some ideas, and I wanted to share with you the easy step-by-step guide for those of you who might be on a tight spending budget. The scary mask also is budget-friendly as well, but to be honest with you the Dark Sorceress Costume is way more than I would ever invest myself. I must admit it is an awesome choice for women, and the website I found that on really does have some unique choices to choose from.