Today we are going shopping for some costume party dress ideas for little girls, since I was a little boy the choices have changed dramatically. I am sure this is true for the majority of parents and grandparents as well, so I thought we would check out what the kids are dressing up as today compared to when we were children ourselves.
Our First Stop Will Be Amazon
I chose this store because it is one of the most popular stores parents and grandparents shop at, and many of you might have the famous Amazon Prime membership. Before I share the most popular choices, you know this membership would make a great gift for seniors on your shopping list, if you need any ideas for Christmas.
- Pumpkin Patch Scarecrow
- Cute Witch with her own Magic Broom
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- Star Wars 7 Rey
- Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz
- Gotic Female Vampire
- Human Spider
- Female Werewolf
- Baby Lamb
- Halloween Bat
- Disney Audrey Descendants 3
- Pirate with a Sword
- Beautiful Butterfly
- Disney Minnie Mouse
- Disney Frozen 2 Anna
- Perky Peacock
- Pretty Princess
- The Famous Cinderella
- Remember Repunzel
- Zombie Girl
- Girl Reaper
- Mad Hatter
- Good Witch Glinda of the Wizard of Oz
As you can see our first stop shopping for costume party dress ideas has been a success, and so are any of these possibly your little girl’s favorites? If you happen to wish to browse this store, here is the link to Amazon which will take you to their home page.
Who Is Up For Walmart
Our second stop will be a store we are all familiar with, and that store is your neighborhood Super Walmart. Most of us do the majority of our shopping here, and what makes this such a favorite for most of us is it is our one-stop place to shop. You can find just about everything you need here, and people today are always looking for ways to save time.
- Snow Queen Princess Elsa Anna
- Little Angel
- Girl Skeleton
- My Little Pony Rainbow Dash
- Little Bo Beep
- Prairie Girl
- Toddler Bat
- Vampire Toddler
- Red Riding Hood
- Lady Bug
- Variety of Colors Princess Dresses
- Disney Zombies 2
- Colonial Child
- My Little Pony Twilight Sparkle
- Unicorn Toddler
- Flower Toddler
Here are some of the best that caught my eye on the Walmart website, and if any of these interest you use the link to check them out.
Candy Corn Recipe
Since candy corn is such in demand during this time of the year, I thought maybe some of you might be interested in learning how it is actually made? This recipe is provided by the Food Network, and the credit goes to a man by the name of Alton Brown.
What You Need
- 4 1/2 Ounces of Powdered Sugar which is Approximately 1 1/2 Cups
- 1/2 Ounce Nonfat Dry Milk, Approximately 6 1/2 Teaspoons
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 1/2 Ounces Granulated Suger, About a 1/2 Cup
- 3 3/4 Ounces Light Corn Syrup, Equals to 1/3 of a Cup
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 Drops Yellow and Orange Gel Paste Food Coloring
How To Make Your Candy Corn
- Combine your powdered sugar, dry milk, and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse 4 to 5 times until the mixture is smooth. set aside for later
- Now you will combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 2-quart pot
- Put over medium heat, cook, and cover for 4 minutes
- Next, you will add the butter, and clip on a candy thermometer
- Bring your mixture to the temperature of 230 degrees for about 1 to 2 minutes
- Now you are ready to take the mixture off of the heat, you can remove the candy thermometer as well
- Add the vanilla and the dry mixture at this time stirring continuously with a silicone spactula until well mixed
- Pour onto a half sheet pan lined with a silicone baking mat
- Cool until the mixture is able to be handled which usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes
- Divide the dough into three equal parts, and add 2 drops of yellow food coloring to one part, and knead the dough until the color is consistent.
- Add 2 drops of orange food coloring to the second part or piece, and knead the dough until the color is consistent.
- You are going to leave the third part or piece white
- Roll each piece of dough to a strand about 18 inches long, and then cut each strand in half.
- Roll one of the white pieces about 1/2 inch thick, and about 22 inches long.
- Repeat this process with the yellow and the orange piece as well
- Lay the strands side-by-side and press them together, and then you will begin to cut them into 4 inch pieces.
- Lay the strands one at a time onto the silicone baking mat, and press into a wedge shape similar to a triangle shape.
- Use a wire butter slicer to cut the candies into pieces, you can also use a knife or a pizza cutter if you don’t have the wire butter slicer.
- Repeat this process with the remainder dough, lay the finished pieces on waxed paper to dry about 1 hour.
- Store in a air tight container with waxed paper between each layer.
Wow, I don’t know about you but I think I will just go to my nearby Walmart and purchase my Candy Corn again this year. For someone who has the time and patience, you now have access to how to make Candy Corn all year round.
Pumpkin Carving For Advanced Carvers
This is a fun Hallowween traditon especially when you have children, so are you tired of the same old Jack O Lantern faces year after year? Well if you are shaking your head up and down, I have found the solution to your problem. So here are what I have found to share with you to spice up your holiday, I hope some of these interests you.
- King of the Jungle Tiger
- A Royal Kings Crown
- Witchy Shoes
- Bubbling Witches Pot
- Good Witch
- Creepy Clown Face
- Stranger Things String Lights
- Hammerhead Shark
- Vintage Camper
- Cool Haunted House
- Here For The Boos
- Wine Glasses
- Happpy Hallo-Wine
- Party’s Here
- Fire-Breathing Dragon
- 70’s Floral
- Elegant Chair
- Hansel and Gretel
- Headless Horseman
- Spooky Tree
These are printable stencils especially designed for carving pumpkins for Jack O Lanterns, you have access to 92 patterns to choose from, and these are provided to you for Halloween by HGTV.
Girls Party Dress Clearance Sale
Back to the costume party dress ideas for your littile girl, now I am going to share with you some of my favorites I found while searching for clearance sales. Even though Amazon and Walmart are very good choices to save you money, you might be able to find the perfect outfit and at the same time save even more money when taking advantages of them being on sale.
- Jack O Lantern Print
- Bat Print
- Front Strap Bat
- Halloween Pumpkins
- Vintage Style Dress
- Haunted Castle
- Black Cats
- Pumpkin and Spiders
- Spiderweb Mesh
These are really impressive party dresses you must see to really appreciate them, and these are more for fancy Halloween parties than actual costumes for trick or treating. The prices are very reasonable considering how beautiful these dresses are, so if you are tempted to take a peek these are waiting for you at the website Dress Lily.
Scariest Halloween Attractions
- Six Flags Fright Fest
- Erebus Haunted Attraction
- Bennet’s Curse
- Witches of New Salem
- Dent Schoolhouse
- Hangman’s House of Horror
- Terror Behind the Walls
- ESP’s Night Watch
- Fright Factory
- Bates Motel
- The Queen Mary
This gives you a good list of places you can consider visiting this time of the year, and that is if you dare? These are some of the top family attractions recommended to be the best, so keep this list handy for the next time you are looking for something new to do on the spookiest time of the year.
Halloween Stories For Children
In my day my grandfather was always playing pranks on us kids, and when he was not doing that he was telling us scary stories that gave us nightmares for weeks. The stories I am going to share are not going to give your children nightmares, but they are highly recommended by the American Literature website. Below I have shared some of these stories for you parents and grandparents, and if any interest you use the link above to go to the home page of this website.
- Halloween Pleasures
- Jack O Lantern Song
- A Tale for Halloween
- The Goblin Man
- Our Little Ghost
- Joy Halloween
- Pumpkins in the Cornfield
- Hansel and Gretel
- The Two Sisters
- Bogey Beast
- Old Witch
- Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- The Great Pumpkin
- Song of the Witches
- The LIttle Bat That Would Not Go To Bed
- Red Riding Hood
I am sure many of these are familiar to parents and grandparents reading this article, and some of these might even be brand new to you. I recognize many of them myself, but I must admit there are more new to me than I would have thought.
- “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.” Edgar Allan Poe, American Writer
- “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” Mason Cooley, American Aphorist
- “Not every witch lives in Salem.” Unknown
- “We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.” Stephen King, American Author
- “It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night.” Edgar Allan Poe, The Tell-Tale Heart
- “You must believe me, it was a horseman, a dead one! Headless!”Ichabod Crane, Sleepy Hollow
- “Am I walking toward something I should be running away from?” Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House
Halloween Prayer Poem For Children
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
First one said, “Oh my, it’s getting late!”
Second one said, “there are witches in the air!”
Third one said, “But we don’t care!”
Fourth one said, “Let’s run and run and run.”
Fifth one said, “I’m ready for some fun.”
Oooooooooooooh went the wind.
Out went the light.
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight!
How many of you parents and grandparents remember this prayer poem for children, I can still remember this at the age of 61. It is amazing how some things sticks in our minds no matter how old we become, so please share this with your children and grandchldren so they too can remember this and pass it on to their own kids one day.
Costume Party Dress Ideas
Free Family Solutions not only provides you with problemsolving and product reveiws, I also am happy to take the extra time to share with you recipes, quotes, and prayer poems. I am trying to make this a fun family website, so if I am doing a good job please leave me some commments. If you have any suggestions please don’t hesitate to share them as well, I want you to be a big part of this website.