This article on being pregnant during COVID at work is for any women concerned about their unborn baby, I have heard many women where I live state they are holding off starting families all because of the way America has become. Has the pandemic been the reason for all the violence and racism today, and how many of you think possibly our president has thrown fuel in the fire to encourage such behavior?
What Are Your Rights
The first thing I want to provide you in this article is what your rights are, so how many of you actually know this information when you are expecting during a pandemic? Since the majority of us have never experienced this before, I want you to know this information to protect yourself and your unborn baby.
- Pregnancy discrimination is illegal, so if the company you are working for cuts your hours or lets you go you are being discriminated against.
- If you suspect this is happening to you, I have a website where you can get legal advice about what you can do. You can go online to the website A Better Balance, and I will be providing you information on this organization later in this article.
- If you are in need of special accommodations that are reasonable, you should have no fear to request these to your supervisor.
- For any women who might be experiencing pregnancy complications, I strongly recommend you bring these to your employer’s attention.
- These requests apply if the company has 15 or more employees, and also as long as your needs are not extremely expensive for your employer don’t be afraid to make your needs known.
- If you are in need of more information on your rights, you will find the state and local rights which can answer most of your questions and concerns.
How many of you actually understand what requests being pregnant during COVID at work are reasonable, so below I am providing you some of the most common accommodations.
Reasonable Rights During The Pandemic
Many women might be in need of their occupation at this time more than ever, so many might hesitate to make requests that they are entitled to. Taking care of yourself and your unborn baby should be your main priority, so here are some examples of things you are entitled to.
- Working from home if that is possible with your career is a very common request, and your employer must seriously consider this when you are pregnant during a pandemic.
- Adjust your situation so you are socially distanced from others, so even if you might have to change jobs temporarily this is possible and reasonable to request.
- Your employer is required to consider making an adjustment to your starting and ending time, and for those of you who live in the city and use public transportation, this can be very important to stay healthy for you and your unborn baby.
- Some women will require less strenuous duties at work, and this is something you have the right to ask of your supervisor or your boss.
- It is a fact, you are going to be in need of going to the ladies’ room more often than normal, so this is another thing you need to make clear at work with whoever is in charge.
- Physicians recommend while pregnant to be drinking more than normal, and you have the right to have access to the water foundation or even bring a water bottle to work with you.
- You should be wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer often at your workplace, you also might want to consider wearing gloves if that will not restrict you in doing your duties.
These are good tips as well as your rights, you might need to provide a doctor’s slip verifying your needs to your boss if they require one. You must not be timid about making your needs clear to the company you work for, and it is their responsibility to do whatever they can as long as they are reasonable requests.
A Better Balance Organization
The ABB is a non-profit organization that provides free legal advice to families, and if you have any questions about your rights this is the place I recommend you check first. You have nothing to lose since it is free assistance for families, and it is important more people take advantage of knowing their legal rights in their workplace. Some companies will take advantage of their employees knowing the majority of people are not aware of their rights, so knowledge is your most powerful asset to avoid being taken advantage of by your employer. What can ABB do for you, and what they can’t do for you is what I am going to provide you next.
What ABB Can Do For Families
The first thing I am going to share with you is what they can do for your family, and being pregnant during COVID at work you need to know this more than possibly any other time. Let us see how this organization can help families like yours, and remember these are completely free to you.
- Sick leave rights without fear of losing your position with a company is a common problem, and this is even more fearful of women who are pregnant.
- Family and medical leave are often needed for women, and again during pregnancy with complications, this could be something you might be in need of.
- Discrimination against women who are expecting a baby is not anything new, so knowing your rights is important to be sure you are not taken advantage of.
- Assistance for breastfeeding accommodations is another important issue ABB can help you with, and it is your right to breastfeed your baby.
- This organization also can provide you help during your childbirth, and this is something you just never know if you are going to be in need of. So knowing there is a place you can go to for information is priceless, and especially when it will cost you nothing.
- If you are being discriminated of being a parent or a caregiver in any way, you can get legal advice here.
- For anyone in need of fair scheduling, you can count on ABB to be able to give you a helping hand.
- Are you feeling you are not receiving a fair salary, and if so you can find out your rights through this organization?
- Some employees and companies will punish you for any of the above, and if this happens to you contact ABB and they will be happy to guide you.
I want to be sure you understand this organization can only provide you legal advice, but this is the first step if you feel you are not being treated fairly.
What ABB Can’t Do For You
Now, I am going to provide you some of the things ABB is not able to do for you. So to save you time, I am going to list them below for your convenience.
This organization can’t provide legal advice outside of an attorney-client relationship. This means that unless and until we are in a formal attorney-client relationship, we, for example, cannot offer a legal opinion on the strength of your potential legal claims or tell you what you should do in your personal situation. If you are seeking representation, we can discuss possible options.
ABB is not a government enforcement agency, and we do not process legal complaints.
They are not affiliated with any business, and we do not process requests for workplace leave.
Pregnancy Tips For Soon To Be Mothers
I really do hope the information above has been helpful for any women who are pregnant and working, you might find the remainder of the article interesting with pregnancy tips from the Family Doctor Organization.
- Many women might be wondering how much weight is healthy to gain during their pregnancy, and the answer is between 25 to 30 pounds is the average weight that is recommended to try to stay within.
- If you are a big fish person, you want to limit your consumption of fish in your diet to no more than a few times per week. You should avoid eating mackerel, and the reason for this is it is high in mercury that can be harmful to your unborn baby. It is recommended you choose light tuna instead, and this is very important for women who are pregnant to know. Focus on limiting your tuna to approximately 12 ounces per week, so let us see what our next tip is?
- Try to add 4 or more servings of dairy every day, and this will provide you and your baby enough calcium.
- Avoid unpasteurized milk products during this time, and this will prevent you from putting any bacteria into your body.
- Artificial sweeteners are alright if consumed in moderation, and Aspartame, Equal, and Nutra Sweet are the ones recommended in the article.
- Limit yourself to no more than 2 caffeinated beverages per day, so these are the tips from the article I decided to share with you today.
For your convenience, I am providing the link below to this article, and you might be interested to know you will find many more health tips that you might like to know.
Great Deals On Maternity Clothing
I thought I would add where you can find great deals on your maternity clothing needs as well, you don’t need to spend a fortune on looking awesome despite your pregnant. so below I will provide you a list of some of the best deals to save you time while shopping from home.
Shein is the first store online I would start my shopping if I was a woman expecting a baby, you will find their clothing is quite attractive and at very affordable prices. So if this interests you, I am providing a link below that will take you right to their maternity clothing page.
The next place that is a good choice to visit as well goes by the name of Motherhood, and they just happen to be having a maternity clothing sale as I am writing this article for you. Below I have provided you some other choices to check out as well, and I really feel you will find the best maternity clothes for the best prices at these stores.
- I am sure most of you have shopped at Amazon before, and they are having a maternity clothing clearance sale, so this is another good store to consider while looking for the best deals on clothing during your pregnancy.
- Maybe you are shopping for maternity clothing for work, and if so I can help you by sending you to this store.
- The next stop will be a familiar store to many of you, and if Old Navy is one of your favorites they provide a variety of stay at home clothing choices for soon to be moms.
- For those of you able to spend a little more, you might be interested in shopping at JC Penney, and this has always been my mother’s favorite store. You can find stay at home, and as well for work, so this is a very good choice for those of you who are looking for a one-stop-shop.
These are my choices for every budget, so I feel confident everyone can find the right styles with the stores I have shared with you above.
What Are The Pregnancy Risks
According to the Mayo Clinic, pregnant women are actually a low-risk during the pandemic. You should know that you are at a higher risk for respiratory problems than women who are not pregnant, and the older you are the higher your risk becomes. Anyone with any pre-existing health issues such as diabetes and asthma is good examples, so it is important that you take even better care of yourself and avoid being in social situations with a large number of people. At this time, there is no evidence that COVID could cause pregnancy complications. There is evidence that you are more at risk of premature birth, but there is just not enough knowledge of this virus to be sure. Your best strategy is to be extra careful, and wear a mask when out in public and follow all the other recommendations from your physician.
Being Pregnant During COVID At Work
This pandemic is scary enough for us, but for those women who are pregnant, this is even more of an anxious time. With this being so new there is so much we just don’t know at this time, and sadly our president is confusing many of us what are the right and wrong things to be doing? I really don’t understand why our government is not supporting the scientists and medical experts, and this is only causing confusion plus dividing our country. We must stop this violence, you are going to be bringing a baby into this world and you want your child and your family to feel safe. I urge you all to wear a mask in public and don’t take any chances and know I am praying for the entire world to survive this crisis, if we only would work together everyone would be doing so much better.