Higher protein and lower fat are what you get with gluten free recipes turkey chili, and this is a great choice for families on a tight budget as well. I remember growing up as a boy my mother always preparing this on cold winter days, but she used beef in those days instead of turkey. So let us see what are the benefits?
Which Is Better Turkey Or Beef?
Before I start sharing with you the facts between these two meat sources, I am curious why is there such a competition between these two and not chicken? At one time the medical professionals were pushing chicken at us constantly, and now all of a sudden this ugly looking bird has taken the place. Now they are claiming turkey is your best choice of protein from the meat you eat, so now the once-popular chicken is not heard about nearly as much as it used to. So this is what Live Strong has to say, and I will start by sharing their first tip in their article Which is Better for You Ground Turkey or Ground Beef?
Both of these protein sources have many similarities in saturated fat and sodium content. But, fat-free versions of ground turkey provide a very lean source of protein. So if you are searching for a high-protein plus a low-fat choice, I can see that beef is not our best choice if we are watching our fat content.
So if you are trying to lose a few pounds, you are going to find this is a better option. You also will find this is a heart-healthy diet recommendation, and if you are working towards either of these health benefits this is something important for you to consider.
Saturated Fat Facts
We have been hearing for a very long time now about saturated fat, so let us see what the American Heart Association has to say? I always try to get my information from reliable sources, and I am sure you would agree the American Heart Association is a resource we can trust with our hearts? Below are some examples this organization shares in their article on saturated fat, so let us see what examples they share with us?
- Fatty Beef
- Poultry with Skin
- Beef Fat Tallow
- Dairy Products
- Many Baked Goods
- Fried Foods
- Palm Oil
- Palm Kernel Oil
- Coconut Oil
From many baked goods and down may contain saturated fat, but the American Heart Association shares they don’t contain cholesterol. Next, they share their recommended alternatives to the list above. So let us see what they suggest?
- Whole Grains
- Low-Fat Dairy Products
They also provide a reminder to limit the following in moderation, and here is what is on their list.
- Red Meat
- High-Sugar Foods
- High-Sugar Beverages
So this is the American Heart Association’s guide on saturated fat and poultry without any skin is the meat source they recommend.
Before I go on to the next paragraph I want to share a tip of my own with you, and my tip is fruit is a great choice for a healthy snack. You also should be aware of the high sugar content from this food group, and eat it in small portions as snacks and in moderation. My own dietician told me many people struggling to lose weight often is from overeating too much fruit, so many of us have been given the idea we can gorge on this food group without gaining weight.
Best Gluten-Free Turkey Chili Recipes
Before I start providing you the best recipe resources, I want to admit to all of you I am not what I feel is a great cook. I prepare my own meals in my slow cooker, so I can just add all my ingredients and allow the slow cooker to prepare my meals for me. I just want you all to know cooking is not one of my talents, but the reason I am writing this type of article is for Thanksgiving. What really is this holiday about, so for most families it is about being thankful for what we have to eat and the people in our lives. So with that off my chest, I now will begin sharing the best gluten-free turkey chili recipes.
- Celiac Mama is my first resource you just might want to check out, and Celiac Mama’s real name is Jereann. She is the mother of two children that both need to be on a gluten-free diet, so I feel her blog is a very good choice for recipes that you can trust.
- What website can you trust for gluten free recipes turkey chili than the Celiac Disease Foundation, so I feel this deserves to be on this list as well.
- Another good choice is the website The Gluten-Free Good Life, and this also is known as GFF Magazine. I have never read their magazine, but this is something you might want to check out if you are into subscribing to them?
- My lost resource on this list is the website Allergy-Free Alaska, and this one is for people like myself who depend on their crockpot to prepare their healthy meals.
I am very confident you will be happy once you visit these websites, and there are many more awesome cooking sites and blogs that could also be on this list.
Gluten-Free Turkey Brands
Since I am providing you with good recipe resources, I thought I should also provide you some good brands of turkey that are certified gluten-free. So here are the best brands for you to choose from, and if you found this helpful I would love to hear from you. You can leave a comment at the end of this article, and it would mean a lot to me to hear from you.
- Empire Kosher is a new brand for me, and this really surprises me since they are in Pennslyvania. The reason this is such a surprise to me is I live in this state, but I have never seen any of their turkey products in any of my local grocery stores.
- Honey Suckle is a brand I have bought very often, and I am sure most of you are familiar with this brand as well.
- Another good choice is Butterball, and this is another one many of you more likely know.
- Shelton’s is located in the state of California, so if you are living in this state this would be a good choice for you.
- Norbest is a member of the Northwest Turkey Growers Association in Utah, and this company certifies its products are free of gluten and are never contain hidden contamination.
So you have the best companies to consider purchasing for your family now, and I do hope this has been a helpful addition to gluten free recipes turkey chili for you?
A Christian Prayer of Gratitude
Thank you, Lord, for the blessings you have bestowed on my life. You have provided me with more than I could ever have imagined. You have surrounded me with people who always look out for me. You have given me family and friends who bless me every day with kind words and actions. They lift me up in ways that keep my eyes focused on you and make my spirit soar.
Also, thank you, Lord, for keeping me safe. You protect me from those things that seem to haunt others. You help me make better choices and provide me with advisors to help me with life’s difficult decisions. You speak to me in so many ways so that I always know you are here.
And Lord, I am so grateful for keeping those around me safe and loved. I hope that you provide me with the ability and sense to show them every day how much they matter. I hope that you give me the ability to give to them the same kindness they have provided to me.
I am extremely grateful for all of your blessings in my life, Lord. I pray that you remind me of just how blessed I am and that you never allow me to forget to show my gratitude in prayer and returned acts of kindness.
Thank you, Lord.
In your name,
This prayer was provided by the website Learn Religion, and I confessed to all of you I am not a religious person. I do read and follow God’s word from the bible, but I feel you don’t have to be religious to be one of God’s children.
Safety Tips During The COVID
The following tips were provided by the website Today, and the following are recommended by the CDC. So you are hearing it from the experts on how to remain safe this Thanksgiving holiday, and if this has been something you appreciate me sharing feel free to leave me a comment?
- Keep your Thanksgiving dinner small with your immediate family is highly recommended by the CDC.
- Providing dinners to neighbors and friends should be done without facing them in person.
- Shopping online rather than at your local stores for Black Friday is very important.
- Watching football games at home with just your family, and avoid game day parties.
- For dinners with more than just your household consider an outdoor dinner instead of indoors, but know this is more of a risk than the tips above.
- Remember social distancing, wearing your mask, hand sanitizers whenever you must go out.
The following above are low-risk and moderate-risk activities for the coming holiday, and now we are going to see what the CDC has to share for high-risk activities?
- Shopping in your local stores is extremely high-risk, and this is especially true for Walmart and shopping malls.
- Spectator events should be seriously considered, but if you do attend wear your masks at all times to remain as safe as possible and practice social distancing if you can.
- Parades are extremely high-risk and should be avoided if possible, you would be best to watch the parades from home.
- Alcohol and drugs lower your immune system and should be avoided. If you do drink you should do so in moderation, you need to keep your immune system as strong as possible at this time.
I have heard the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade is going to be virtual this year, so watching from the comfort of your home is your best strategy to remain safe.
Gluten Free Recipes Turkey Chili
This concludes my article that I hope you found interesting and helpful, I always try to provide you the best resources I can find in every article I write. Free Family Solutions does it’s best to provide solutions to your problems, and you can make requests by leaving your request in the comments below. I am always interested in what problems you are searching for solutions, and I will do my very best to provide them for you.