Every family in the United States should be especially thankful for the food on their table, but what about Thanksgiving meals help low income families, so is their assistance and how do you get it if it is available is what this article is all about.
Assistance For Thanksgiving
Why have you not received assistance from President Trump for the holidays, and the reason is he cares very little about the people. Any good leader will put the people as their main priority during a crisis, and if COVID is not a crisis than what is? The president has been fibbing to the people from the day he took office, and his worse lie to you is downplaying this deadly virus. So what type of assistance is available for you for Thanksgiving, and below are the best government programs available for low-income families.
- Your first step if you have been employed before our world has been affected by COVID is to apply for unemployment I must warn you many people who have applied are still waiting for their first check, but this would be your best first step in putting food on the table for your family.
- SNAP or the program Supplemental Nutrition Program is your best choice to put food on the table for your family, and many of you might avoid applying until you have no other choice? Well, I am sorry to say this crisis we are experiencing has given many of you no other choice, so this is my recommendation where to go to be able to put food on the table for your family.
- Affordable Care Act program is your best option for health coverage during the COVID crisis we are going through, and this protects families with members who might have pre-existing health problems. So if you lost your health insurance, I strongly suggest you consider applying for this right away? This assistance was provided by President Obama, but it is in jeopardy if President Trump becomes re-elected.
- My third choice for you to consider is Medicaid, and many of you who have contracted COVID should apply right away. so you really should sign up today, we just don’t know what is going to happen with President Trump cutting many of the programs for low-income families?
- This is for children under the age of 19 years old, and with this, your children under this age are able to receive Free or Low-Cost medical and dental care. so this is considered a child health insurance program, and many of you might know this as Chip?
- Are you in jeopardy of being homeless, and if so there is Housing Assistance available, and even though some of these are not Thanksgiving meals help low income family programs, you can save money by applying for these that will provide you more money for food?
- Even though for many of you this would be a last resort, you can receive public assistance until the country gets straightened out. With this, you are able to apply for food stamps plus cash assistance and don’t be ashamed to apply we all are in need of assistance right now. You can even apply online, so this is something you should do right away as well.
- Lifeline is another way to cut your living expenses with lower home phone and cell phone service plans, and you need dependable phone service more now than ever before.
- I strongly urge you to apply for LIHEAP or better known as the energy assistance program, you will receive help during the winter for your heating expense which will give your more money for other things you need.
So these government assistance programs actually can save you money for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and you deserve to be a part of any of these programs since you have been paying into them all the years you have been employed.
Thanksgiving Assistance For Families
I have only begun to provide you good resources for Thanksgiving in this article, and we all know that the majority of families are struggling more this year than possibly any other time in the history of the United States. Many people were depending on the stimulus package from the government for the holidays, but as it is looking right now there appears to be very little chance you are going to receive the bailout you need. I am really disappointed in our government in the White House, so they downplayed how serious our situation was from the beginning, and even now they are still lying to all of us about the severity of this situation. We don’t need that type of people running our country, we need people who care about us and our families. Anyway, I have some more good resources for you where you might receive Thanksgiving meals help low income families, so here are some good resources possibly right in your own community.
- Many food banks will be providing turkeys and Thanksgiving favorites, so if you are not signed up I suggest you do it right away. You will find many stores in your community will donate turkey and other Thanksgiving-related food, so take advantage of your local food pantries for the holiday. The ones in my community often give out food certificates that you can use in the majority of our local community stores, so this is something to look forward to as well for the holiday.
- My mother who is now 80 years old and lives alone since my father recently passed away from cancer receives Meals on Wheels, and she loves the food she receives and they do provide her a special Thanksgiving meal. So this is a very good option for anyone who is elderly, and also a good choice for the disabled. Even though it is not for families, I thought I would mention this for those of you who might be able to take advantage of this service.
- In my little country community in Pennsylvania, I volunteer with one of the local churches. They provide breakfast and dinner to the public for free, they always do an extra special dinner for the holidays with all the trimmings. So your churches are another very good place to check out in your own community, and if you are able to volunteer that would be a wonderful thing to do. Since the COVID virus they do take out meals, but they have still provided these free meals in my community despite the situation we are all living in at this time.
- Something you are able to do yourself to stretch your own grocery budget is to start using store coupons, and you can search for all your favorite stores for coupons using the link below.
- The Salvation Army is just one organization in my own community that provides turkey vouchers for Thanksgiving, so this is yet another option for Thanksgiving meals help low income families are able to take advantage of. Another organization that can direct you to more of these community organizations is the United Way, so I hope this article is providing you many resources you might not have thought of?
If this article is providing you good information and resources, I would appreciate it very much if you left me a comment on how Free Family Solutions is doing?
Budget-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
Since I am on a very strict diet I know how every dollar you spend counts, and one way I have saved money is by using recipes. I am gluten and dairy-free, and even though I feel so much healthier my food choices are very limited now. By cooking your own meals with budget-friendly ingredients you can save money, and if you are like me and not a great cook use a slow cooker. I would probably almost starve without my slow cooker, so anyway I thought maybe some of these recipes would benefit some of you reading this article.
- Turkey with Sage and Thyme
- Garlic and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sausage and Apple Stuffing
- Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
How tempting are these budget-friendly recipes to you, I am tempted to try myself the Sausage and Apple Stuffing. I also am only able to eat sweet potatoes, so the Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows also have interested me. For more recipes from this website, I provided a link below for you.
Thanksgiving On A Budget
Since food prices have soured super high in 2020 stretching your budget is even more important, and many families are not working which makes it even more of a challenge. So I thought maybe some tips on how to have Thanksgiving on a budget might be helpful for some of you, and here are some tips below.
- 40% of the cost of the majority of families is the turkey, so by you using the resources in this article to get a free turkey or a discount is a great saving’s for you. Some of you might never purchase this frozen before, but this year you might want to consider giving this a try and save money?
- Staying home and cooking yourself is going to be something many families might have to do, and many people are not going to travel to relatives this year as they usually do. So by taking advantage of the budget-friendly recipes, I shared above, you can prepare your own Thanksgiving dinner for much less.
- Purchasing bulk will be a great money-saver, and you could possibly chip in with one of your neighbors and both of you can save money? One place that comes to my mind to shop for bulk is Sam’s Club, so this might be one place you will want to check out?
- Start watching sales now, and buy your ingredients for less that are not perishable. You then can split your cost over October and November, and this will cost you less all at one time.
- Maybe you will need to go with store brands instead of your favorite brands this year, but many of the store brands are of very good quality. I purchase some of Walmart’s Great Value brand that tastes almost as good, so this is an option to consider with fewer funds to spend this year?
- I have experienced instead of fresh produce frozen to be a good alternative, and I just read recently frozen actually provides you more nutrition and often tastes better.
- The most difficult tip is to stick to your grocery list, and maybe this year avoid as many of the tasty snacks as in the past?
I am sure everyone can apply some of these tips, and I have something for those of you who are vegans as well. Below you can use the link to an article for a vegetarian Thanksgiving, so if you are interested just click on the link to go to this article.
God In The White House
As much as the White House and the President had lied to the people, I just can’t accept that God is in our government today. We do need to all pray for America and do whatever we can do to bring God back into our country once again. Today I have some prayers you can use to pray for America, so open up your heart and add our entire country into your prayers.
Lord, humble me. Help me to see that I’m not always right and the world doesn’t revolve around me. Allow me to do what needs to be done to rid myself of my pride so with a contrite heart I can seek your face.
Lord, strip me of my rebellion. Replace my rebellious heart with one that yields to your way of life in surrender.
Lord, help me to see the issues around me in my community. Help me to be the person who goes out of my way to meet them.
Lord, my heart has gotten hardened. I haven’t wanted to love people the way you love them. I’ve only loved those that think and act the way I do. Help me love people the way you love them. Help me to love enough I’d be willing to lay down my life for them.
Lord, it looks like you’ve lost your grip on our world. But I know that you still remain in control. Thank you for reminding me to lean on your understanding and not mine.
Let us all forgive President Trump and his administration for all their lies to us, and let us do our very best to make a difference in America again by bringing God back into our country.
Thanksgiving Meals Help Low Income Families
I really do care about every one of you who are reading my articles, and I thank all of you who have commented, liked, and shared my articles with your family and friends. Our country is in need of a good leader to bring the people together again, and you must open your eyes to all the hatred and violence America has developed in 2020. Please pray for our government to open their eyes and make the needed changes for the people, and I will be praying for all of you to remain safe and healthy during the Thanksgiving holiday.