COVID Winter 2020
This winter could take the lives of more people than any year most of us have experienced and is going to be mainly from the COVID worldwide virus. So 5 tips to help you stay healthy this winter is going to provide families with the best family health information to stay healthy.
Corona Virus Winter Tips
The first tips I am going to share with you were provided by the website Deseret, and this website is a reliable resource according to my domain authority checker tool. So let us see what they have to say about taking care of ourselves this winter during the COVID virus?
- Even though I have an autoimmune disease I never do their first suggestion, and I am not planning on doing it this year. So they recommend everyone get a flu shot, and I have not received a flu shot for the past 10 years. The last time I got the flu shot, I actually got sick, and I have not been sick the past ten years without getting the injection. I am not telling you not to get this injection, I am just sharing my own experience with you. I am just not comfortable putting these into my own body, but you should consult your physician if you have any concerns.
- The next one they recommend I strongly agree with, and I do it year-round to stay healthy, and exercise regularly is what they recommend. Even though it does not really matter the type of exercise, I strongly encourage you to choose something that you really enjoy doing. I walk with my dog twice every day, and this is something we both look forward to doing together. I am lucky that there is a nature trail within walking distance of my home, but most of you are more likely not as lucky?
- The most challenging for many people are socializing, and with the COVID we must be more careful about how we socialize than in the past. I usually talk via phone with my mother regularly, so this is one option for you to consider as well. With the internet you have other options, you can use social media to keep in touch with your family and friends. I am not into online chatting, but this is another option to consider if this is your thing.
- Reconnecting with friends is their next suggestion, but this more likely should not be done in person. You can do this again by reconnecting on social media and using online chatlines, and due to our situation online and via phone are your best strategies.
- Working from home is what many of us are doing today, so you might want to make your working area as comfortable as you possibly can.
So according to Deseret you now know their 5 tips to help you stay healthy this winter, so let us see how to cope during the COVID in my next paragraph.
How To Cope During COVID
It has been extremely difficult for the majority of the people to cope during the COVID so far, but it is even more challenging for everyone to deal effectively when we must remain indoors most of the time. So let us see what Global News has to share with us, we all need all the help we can get to manage the situation when winter arrives?
- Global News suggests what I shared with you above, and that is to take advantage of using online chat to keep in touch with your family.
- The article also states that phone conversations are a much better choice than emailing and texting, so instead of texting with your phone try using it the old fashion way by calling a friend or family member.
- Another important thing to remember is you need to have a good support system according to this article, and I know from my own experience how important this is for my own health. I am not fortunate enough to have a good support system, so I only have my mother to keep in touch with regularly.
- How are we going to celebrate the upcoming holidays is a good question, so how many families are going to get together in large groups indoors despite this is a very bad idea? Instead, you should have small family get-togethers to be safe.
COVID has disrupted the lives of families worldwide, and there does seem to be a higher risk when winter arrives. Actually, the health experts are predicting it to be even worse than in the spring and summer months. There are some reports that depression might be higher this year than other years, so how does someone get support if they start experiencing severe depression and possibly even suicidal thoughts and feelings?
Suicide Crisis Hotlines
Since I live alone with only my cute Miniature Australian Shepherd, I do understand how people living alone might experience depression and suicidal thoughts and feelings. So I really feel sharing the information of resources that you can get help is a must in 5 tips to help you stay healthy this winter, and below are where you can get the support you need.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Crisis Text Line
- Hotline Especially for Teenagers
- National Youth Talk Line
- The Trevor Project Youth Help Line
I feel so much better providing you resources where you can get support, and you can also contact them if you just need someone to talk to.
Guidance for COVID-19
This book is a guide for the prevention and control measures issued by the Chinese Health Commission during the novel coronavirus pneumonia outbreak that has led to the global Covid-19 pandemic. With the guidance of this authoritative text, the number of cases in China has decreased from 83,386 to 2,000, and a complete victory in prevention and control will soon be achieved. This book is suitable for professionals who are a part of the prevention and control of the plague, and for any readers who are concerned about their lives and the lives of their families and communities.
May God bless the world.
The National Health Commission (NHC) of the People’s Republic of China is a cabinet-level executive department of the State Council which is responsible for formulating health policies in Mainland China. It was formed on 19 March 2018. The ministry is headquartered in Beijing. The commission is led by a Minister of cabinet rank in the state council.
Best Family Movies
One way to spend your time indoors is to be watching some family movies, and you can prepare your favorite snacks and enjoy your family time together. so maybe many of you are like me and not up on the best family movies, and so I decided to provide some of the best movies recommended for families.
- Milo and Otis
- A Bugs Life
- Finding Nemo
- The Little Mermaid
- Toy Story
- March of the Penguins
- Harry Potter
- Star Wars
- Old Yeller
You might be wondering where can you purchase or rent the best family movies at a good price, and I get all mine from Fandango Now. So you might want to check them out before any other place, and next, we are going to check out the best family games.
Best Games October 2020
For those of you who are into playing games, I recommend this as another good family time activity during the COVID virus. So let us see what are some of the best family games recommended, and since I am not a gamer myself, I am going to do a search for you.
- The Witcher 3
- Destiny 2
- Felix the Reaper
- Minecraft Earth
- Call of Duty
- Little Town Hero
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
This information I found on the website Gamepur, I just want you to know where I got these games since I am not familiar with the most popular and new games available. So the best places I know to purchase games are from the following below.
I would have to say Amazon more likely is your best place to start if you are planning on purchasing movies and games, so that would be my first suggestion out of all the stores in this article to check first.
Winter Activities For Families
You must become creative to keep adding new activities to spend together as a family, and this is very important for all your family members to remain healthy physically as well as mentally. Right after Christmas is the time of the year depression becomes the highest, so let us see some activities that you can do as a family after the holidays.
- Build a snowman is just one outdoor family time activity you can do as a family, you could go sled riding and even snowboarding, and even give skiing a try. Winter hiking is something that can be fun to do, you can start tracking animal tracks. You also can teach your children what the tracks of the different animals look like, you can purchase a field guide if you need one as well.
- Movie marathons are another great choice to consider, and I even gave you some of the best family movies in this article to get you started.
- Why not try to build a family snow fort, and this will get you all outdoors. Even during the winter months if you are outdoors you will receive the benefits of vitamin D, so bundle up and spend some time outdoors after the holidays.
- Baking together can be another very good option to consider, and everyone can have their own special job even dear old dad.
- When I was a boy my grandfather would build a campfire outdoors, and we kids would roast marshmallows even when the ground was covered with snow.
- Indoor games such as Monopoly is an easy way to spend your time indoors on the coldest days, and you can tell Santa Claus to bring some board games for Christmas.
So I hope my suggestions have you thinking of ways to spend your time indoors as a family, you can always have contests of any kind to get everyone motivated to join in on the fun. Maybe it is time that we go back in time, so ask yourself what did your grandparents do during the coldest time of the year?
Winter Mental Health Triggers
The best way to stay healthy physically and mentally is to understand what the triggers are, and this year it is predicted to be much worse with COVID added to our winter triggers. So what is going to contribute to people being more depressed, and I have provided what the experts are saying below.
- The colder the weather the worse it could be, so if you have a mild winter spend as much time outdoors as you can. Spending too much of your time indoors is the number one trigger for the majority of the people, so even taking short walks every day can do wonders for your mood and health.
- Socialization or the lack of it is going to be a major trigger this year, so you have to find ways to socialize besides in person. Online is the most convenient method for many people, so if you have a computer or a smartphone socialize this way.
- Try talking more on the phone to your family and friends, I know many of us text today instead of communicating the old fashion way.
- Actually, the majority of people experience holiday stress after the holidays. So you need to prepare for after the holiday stress by making a good plan to stay busy, and for families, this is much easier than for someone who lives alone.
- Adopting a pet could be just what you need to stay healthy during the COVID winter of 2020, you might not be aware of how having a pet companion can make such a dramatic difference in your life. I would feel so lonely if it was not for my Miniature Australian Shepherd, and he does keep me busy by walking and playing with him.
Now is the time to start making a plan for winter, and adding a schedule of family activities is one of your best strategies you could have.
5 Tips To Help You Stay Healthy This Winter
I have shared the five basic tips at the beginning of this article, and I also provided you some extra information to cope better this winter with the COVID virus among us. The holidays are going to be much different for many families than in the past, you might not be going to travel to grandma’s this year to avoid possibly making her sick or worse? Now we need to join together more than ever, but sadly it seems our country has divided. If you remember any of your history lessons in school, you will recall that when the people divided is when they failed?