Continuing care retirement communities in Pa is a guide for senior citizens, so if you are interested in learning more please keep reading what I have to share with you. Let us start with what questions you should ask to help you choose the right one, so let us get started with this guide.
What To Ask
The first thing you want to do is include the senior in the decision, you don’t want to make this decision totally on your own. This will ease the entire family’s anxiety, so let us see what questions your family should consider asking before choosing the continuing care retirement communities in Pa, and when you are ready let us begin.
- The first question I would be asking is if they are a profit or non-profit community?
- Secondly, you want to be sure they are financially stable to provide for the needs of your loved one.
- You will want to be sure to fully understand what all is included with the monthly fee, so it is good to take your time comparing this with other possible choices.
- Will the community be able to provide the freedom plus the independence you are looking for, and if so just how will they provide this?
- Emergency response systems are very important for anyone living is something you should be concerned about, you want your loved one to be safe and taken well care of if anything unexpected happens.
- If it was me, I would be interested in the present resident’s personal experiences, and many times you can have access to surveys that are from the residents if you ask about them.
- Input and feedback from the people already living there can be important access, so don’t hesitate to talk to some of the folks living there for their own personal opinions.
- Will the person be able to remain living there as their needs change as they become older, so asking if they provide independent and assisted living is something you might want to ask them.
- Does the community provide programs for the residents, and if so what are the programs provided.
- My last question is a very important one to do carefully, you want to take the resident agreement home and take your time reading it. You might want to get other family member’s opinions as well, and some people will even allow their lawyer to go over it with them.
Leading Age is one resource you might be interested in checking out as you are shopping for continuing care retirement communities in Pa.
Continuing Care Communities Resources
As important as this is, I feel it is my duty to write this article to provide you more resources. So below I have shared some more places that you and your family can get access to more information.
- Aging Services Directory
- Yellow Pages
- Senior Living
- Senior Discounts
- My Life Site
- Non-Profit Explorer
These will give you a good start to find the information and communities, so in my next paragraph, I am going to provide you with the opportunities provided for seniors in these communities.
What Senior Communities Can Provide You
More and more people as they retire are moving to senior communities, and this is expected to just keep growing as time goes by. So what are some of the benefits of moving into a senior community, and below are some of the main benefits seniors share that are living in this type of living situation in their golden years?
- Many people in their senior years share that one benefit they appreciate is it consolidates their living expenses, so this provides them a better life after retirement.
- Healthier meals are their second favorite part about living in a senior community.
- Increases their social interaction with people their own age, so making more friends is always a very positive asset in everyone’s life.
- The majority of people experience less anxiety and share they feel much safer.
- Others have experienced staying fit and even improving their health, so this is something they say they would never do when living in their old home and neighborhood.
- Traveling to places they would otherwise never visit through the community road trips, and the best part they say is they don’t need to worry about driving.
- You will receive personal care services as you need them, so this is yet another thing people love about where they are living now.
So you have heard from people actually living in continuing care retirement communities in Pa, so next, we are going to learn about what services you can expect to receive.
What Services Can You Expect
Every community does not provide the same services to its residents, but I am going to share some of the ones you might be interested in when choosing between different senior communities to make your new retirement homestead.
- One service you should be sure that is provided is housekeeping chores, so the majority provide either daily or weekly services. If this is something you feel you need and want, you must be sure it is included wherever you plan to move.
- Another one that is usually provided is laundry, and this is another service I would want to be included if I was going to one of these senior communities.
- How cool would it be to eat your meals in a dining room outside of your room every day, so this means no grocery shopping which for me is a major chore I really dislike doing.
- You should check into the medical care before making your choice, I would opt for 24-hour medical care.
- Social activities are another important thing to consider, you will find being socially active to be a very good health benefit. So be sure the place you choose provides activities that you are going to enjoy, and this will make your life better being active with other people your age.
- Just think no more vehicle expenses if transportation is included to take you to do your errands,
- No more having to pay all your utilities, so this will provide you less anxiety and stress budgeting your bank account.
- The last one I am going to suggest you consider is a wellness program, and these can be anything from yoga classes to swimming aerobics.
Now you have a much better idea of what to look for, and many of us had no idea what was available until reading this article. So if this information was found to be helpful please share with your family and friends, and I always encourage my readers to leave me comments and requests.
Where To Start Looking
I thought many of you would appreciate me taking the time to include some of the best continuing care retirement communities in Pa with you, so before I share the top choices they begin in pricing $3600.00 per month. Since many of you might not have the budget to go with these, I also am providing a link for you to be able to search for every city in the state of Pennsylvania on your own.
- Masonic Villiage Elizabeth Town
- Masonic Villiage Sewickley
- Pennswoods Villiage Newtown
- Friendship Villiage Upper Saint Clair
- Waverly Heights Gladwyne
- Masonic Villiage Lafayette
So these are the top six senior communities in the state of Pennsylvania, but you can use the link above which will take you to a page with these and the option to search for other choices by the city of your choice.
Preparing For Retirement
Many of us are forced to retire before we plan to, but what are some things we should be doing to prepare for retirement before we reach the retirement age? My neighbor was forced to retire before his time due to health problems, so sadly he was not prepared, so this motivated me to add the steps to be ready just in case you also end up in this situation.
- Once you reach your 50th birthday you need to start thinking about getting out of debt, so many of us end up having to retire before we are financially ready.
- For many, this is not possible today, but for those who are able to have an emergency fund is something you should try to plan. My neighbor was lucky enough to have money in the bank to live on until he reached retirement age, so this is another important thing to think about while you are still young and healthy.
- Start living below your budget is a great goal to begin, so instead of taking expensive trips or spending a fortune on your grandchildren put some away for a rainy day.
- Doing the research to understand what your needs are going to be after you retire is important, and many of us will experience more need for medical expenses at this time.
- People who are able to start planning for retirement while they are young and healthy are the most prepared.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to find out about your social security benefits, so many people are not aware of their benefits before they retire.
Every important decision in our lives requires to do the work to be prepared, so following the steps above will assist you to be ready when your golden years begin.
I thought you might enjoy reading some quotes related to when you are no longer going to work day after day, but hopefully enjoying being retired.
A retired husband is often a wife’s full-time job.” – Ella Harris
“I enjoy waking up and not having to go to work. So, I do it three or four times a day.” – Gene Perret
“Retirement is not the end of the road. It is the beginning of the open highway.” – Author Unknown
“As you embark on the exciting journey into retirement, you will experience a transition that will be both thrilling and terrifying.” –Olivia Greenwell
“Establishing new schedules and routines is a great way to make the transition into retirement easier and help seniors find a new path forward.” – Samantha Westwood
I am praying for all of you when your time arrives to retire you are healthy enough to enjoy your golden years, but sadly so many of us are unable to enjoy that luxury due to our failing health.
Retirement Party Prayers
For anyone coming close to retiring a party will be in the plan, so here are a few retirement prayers you might wish to consider.
Thank you for this special day.
We are excited about the opportunity to honor ____________ and celebrate the event of his/her retirement.
Lord, we thank you for all the ways that you have protected him/her and provided for him/her through the years.
We pray that you would make this retirement party a special time of joyful fellowship and warm memories.
In Jesus’ name, we pray,
Thank you for this special day that we have dedicated to celebrating with our friend _______.*
We ask that you would remind __________ of warm, happy memories and inspire __________ with thoughts of future joyful times.
May all his/her paths be filled with your best gifts.
In Jesus’ name, we pray,
Feel free to use these prayers if they appeal to you, and you just will need to fill in the blanks with the name of the special man or woman the party is for.
Coupon Codes By Categories
Before I end this article I wish to provide you a link to most of your favorite stores and even stores you might not be familiar with, and this is my gift to you for reading my article on Free Family Solutions today.
Continuing Care Retirement Communities In Pa
Since I live in the state of Pennsylvania, I thought this would be a good article to write for my fellow Pennsylvanians. The reason I added the steps to preparing for retirement is that so many people today are forced to quit working due to health problems. My neighbor is a perfect example of this, and I also was forced to give up working at a very young age. So never think this can’t happen to you, and I do suggest you start thinking about preparing for retirement by the time you reach your 50th birthday if not before.