We all love our sweets especially during the holiday season, so I am sharing easy Christmas crockpot candy recipes. This article is for anyone interested in preparing homemade Xmas candy, and these are so much healthier than those you will be purchasing from your local stores.
Best Slow Cookers 2020
The first thing I am going to share with you in this article is the top-rated slow cookers in 2020, and this list was provided by the website Buyers Guide. So if you are interested in which of all the products on the market are the best choices, you will want to check out my list below.
- Crock-Pot brand new to me, and maybe to you as well? According to Buyers Guide’s article, this was rated an amazing score of 10.0. 1180 people chose this over all the overs available, so if you are in search of the best overall product this is the one many people have rated number one.
- Cuisinart is no stranger to most of you, and this is the number two product of 2020.
- Number three on the list is Nuwave, and this is another popular brand most of you have heard of.
- Instant Pot is your next best choice to consider, so as we go down the list more choices are being available to you.
- This might be many of your favorites in your own kitchen right now, and if you are using any of the Hamilton Beach products you know how popular and dependable this brand is.
- Here is another new one I am not familiar with, so how many of you have heard or used Calaphon?
- TRU is next on the list for those rated to be the best, I have never heard or used this one as well.
Since Crock-Pot is the best overall choice on this list, I have decided to share more in my next paragraph about this slow cooker. So read on if you are interested in learning more, and after this review, we will be getting to the easy Christmas crockpot candy recipes.
Best Rated Slow Cooker Review
As I shared with you above the list from the website Buyers Guide, they have rated Crock-Pot as the best overall product for 2020. Now we are going to find out what this crockpot can do for us, so read on to learn more about this top-rated brand.
- 6 Quart Capacity
- Warm to High Heat Settings
- Stainless Steel
- 30 Minute to 20 Hour Cooking Time
- 1 Year Warranty
- Cook And Carry
- Digital Timer
- 9.4 x 15.1 x 14.8 inches
- Serves Approximately 7 People
- Sets To Warm Setting Automatically
- Locking Lid Feature
I have done some shopping for pricing for your convenience, so the best price I have found was sold by the company Best Buy. It just happens to be on sale right now, so this can be yours or someone on your Christmas list for $29.99 if you act right away.
Christmas Candy Recipes
All of the following candy recipes you will be preparing in your favorite crockpot, I must admit before writing this article I had no idea it was possible to make my own home-made goodies in my slow cooker. If this is new to you read on for some recipes from some of the best cooking websites, and I am very happy to be able to provide these to you.
My first recipe was provided by the website Food.com, and this recipe was shared by Elizabeth Fullerton. This is my first time on this cooking website, but Crockpot Candy sounds so yummy I decided to share it with you.
What You Need:
- You will want to purchase one 16 ounce package of dry-roasted salted peanuts, and also one 16 ounce package of unsalted dry-roasted peanuts as well.
- One 16 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate bits, and also 4 ounces of German chocolate bars.
- 32 ounces of white almond bark
How To Get Started:
- Add the peanuts to your slow cooker first, you should spread them out to cover the bottom.
- Add your other ingredients
- Set your settings on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- Place rounded spoonfuls on wax paper, and allow them to cool.
I am confident even I will be able to create this crockpot recipe, and as my article suggests these are all easy Christmas crockpot candy recipes.
Triple Chocolate Nut Clusters
How many of you ever thought making your own Christmas candy could be done simply by using your slow cooker on the low setting, and the best part is it only takes approximately 2 hours or less.
What You Need
- One 16 ounce jar of dry-roasted peanuts
- One 9.75-ounce of salted whole cashews
- 2 cups of pecan pieces
- 18 (2 ounces) chocolate bark squares you will want to cut in half
- 1 (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 4 ( 1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate baking squares, and you will want to break these up into pieces.
- 1 tablespoon of shortening
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Let’s Get Started
- You will begin by combining the first seven ingredients on the list above into a 5-quart slow cooker, and you will be covering and cooking on your low setting for approximately 2 hours or until your ingredients have melted.
- Now stir your chocolate nut mixture, you will now be adding your vanilla extract as well.
- Stir extremely well to coat all your ingredients
- You are now ready to drop heaping spoonfuls onto wax paper, you will allow standing until firm that will be approximately 2 hours the majority of the time.
- Store your triple chocolate nut clusters in an air-tight container, and hide away from the family until Christmas.
This easy Christmas crockpot candy recipe is a bit more complex than the first one, but I am sure even I could manage to prepare yummy home-made candy without any major problems.
Trisha Yearwood Candy Recipe
Here is a slow cooker chocolate candy recipe provided by Trisha Yearwood the country music artist, and the website I found this was on Food Network. It seems Trisha has many more talents than just being an awesome music artist, she also is a great cook it seems, and provides you many tasty recipes on Food Network regularly.
What You Need:
- 2 pounds of salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 4 ounces of German sweet chocolate and this will be approximately 4 squares.
- One 12-ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, you will find this is approximately 2 cups.
- 2 1/2 pounds of white almond bark
Let’s Get Started:
Put the peanuts in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. Layer the chocolate over the peanuts, beginning with the sweet chocolate, followed by the chocolate chips, and then the almond bark. Set the temperature on low and cook for 3 hours. Do not stir the mixture. After 3 hours, stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drop the candy into cupcake pan liners using about 2 tablespoons per liner. Allow the candy to cool completely before removing the cupcake liners.
Baker’s Sweetened German’s Chocolate Baking Bar delivers the quality you can trust. From America’s favorite premium baking chocolate since 1780, this bar comes sweetened and ready to use in your favorite desserts.
Home-Made Candy Recipes
Now that you have several easy Christmas crockpot candy recipes, I thought since this article is focusing on home-made candy you might be interested in what Allrecipes has to share, you will find a variety to choose from on their website, and here are just a few to tempt your sweet tooth.
- Buckeye Balls
- Carmel Peanut Fudge
- Microwave Oven Peanut Brittle
- Old Fashion Divinity Candy
- Old Fashion Molasses Taffy
- Chocolate Orange Truffles
- English Toffee
- Peppermint Marshmallows
- Easiest Peanut Butter Fudge
- Melt In Your Mouth Toffee
For these recipes and more you can visit Allrecipes to learn the secrets of preparing any of these, so this is just a small sample of what you can find by visiting their website.
Candy Making Tools
Many of us might think we need to invest in fancy kitchen appliances or special tools to make our own candy, so for anyone interested in what you need to start making your own home-made candy here is a list of things you will need.
- Medium-size saucepan
- Large bowl to hold the saucepan
- Heat-proof silicone spoon with long handles recommended
- Pastry brush for recipes that requires brushing down the sides of your baking pans.
- Candy thermometer
Surprised how inexpensive it would be to get started in the candy-making business, now that you know what you will need what are some beginner-friendly candy recipes you can make?
Candy Recipes For Beginners
When starting out you might be interested in some easy candy recipes for beginners to get your feet wet, you want to avoid starting out with too complex recipes when you are just a beginner. So I have shared some of the easiest ones to get you started, and I would love to hear how your adventure of candy-making goes. You can leave me a comment at the end of this article or any other article on my website, so with that said let us move on to the recipes.
- Chocolate Bark
- Fruit Jellies
- Fruit Wraps
- Peanut Brittle
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Candy Gems
- Home-Made Marshmallows
Here is a list of beginner-friendly candy to get you started, you can now have some choices to get you started. Fudge is one of the easiest candies to make from home, so this might be a good place for you to get started as a brand new candy-maker.
Christmas Prayers For Children
Christmas Communion Prayer
Christmas Communion Prayer O merciful God, open the depths of our souls that we may receive the immortality of our spirits through the new birth of your Son by the power of his body and precious blood; for he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Christmas Prayer For Children
Christmas Prayer for Children Dear God, Thank you for all the fun and excitement of Christmas. Thank you for the amazing nativity story, that tells us about the birth of Jesus. Thank you for sending us your Son, a gift from you into this world. As we look at the lights on the tree, remind us of the light Jesus brought to this Earth.
Christmas Tree Prayer
Lord, we put these needs on our Christmas tree for you to see. Thank you for knowing and understanding each of them. You understand even the things that aren’t written down. Thank you, God, for loving us and meeting every need we have. In Jesus’ name, amen.
God, we thank you for sending Jesus to us! Thank you for giving us something as great and wonderful as your Son to celebrate! We love you and praise you. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Christmas Card Prayer
Gentle Jesus born this day
In a manger filled with hay.
We your Christmas children be-
Help us now your love to see.
Gentle Jesus, come today
Be our shepherd, Lord we pray.
Gentle Jesus, come this hour
Fill us with your love and power.
You fell asleep in Mary’s arm
God kept you safe from all alarms.
Gentle Jesus, come today
Be our Shepherd now we pray.
Easy Christmas Crockpot Candy
Thank you for visiting Free Family Solutions, I have several other articles on Christmas and the holidays that I am listing below. Feel free to read any of these posts that interests you, I write from my heart to help people and families like yours.
- Holiday Safety Tips For Apartments
- Holiday Safety Tips For Kids
- Ho Ho No Nos Holiday Tips For Pet Owners
Thank you again for visiting Free Family Solutions, I wish you all to stay safe this holiday season. I am happy to provide you solutions to problems families face and feel free to leave me any requests on articles for the future.