Many families will be staying home and might be in need of how to celebrate New Years with kids, so Free Family Solutions has published this article with some ideas. Let us see what we can do to make this as fun as possible despite COVID, so read on to find out what possibilities are waiting for you.
New Years Pinata For Kids
One of the suggestions that come to my mind that would make this a special time is making a pinata, so since this is brand new to me and possibly some of you, I have decided to share things to consider even before you get started. Wiki How provided the article that I am sharing their tips below, so let us see just what we need to consider before deciding if this is what we want to do. Before I go on, I just want you to know this is a website that I highly recommend to learn almost anything you are interested in learning how to do.
- The first thing you will want to do is prepare your work area, you will want lots of room when you begin your pinata.
- Ready for the secret recipe, so here is what you are going to need.
A large bowl will be needed to prepare your special mixture for your pinata, so now add two cups of flour to your large mixing bowl. Now you will be adding two cups of water, and the last secret ingredient is a tablespoon of salt.
- Now you will want to stir your mixture until it thickens, but there is no need to worry about getting rid of all the lumps. Try to create a smooth paste, but you will more likely still have some lumps.
- You will need newspapers to begin your creation, so start cutting strips from the newspapers now. The strips should be approximately one to two inches wide and six to eight inches long, I would suggest you start saving all your newspapers to be sure you have enough.
- What shape would your family like is something you need to discuss next, you will find the easiest shape according to the article is an oblong shape.
- You will want to use a balloon to form your shape, so whatever shape you have decided that is the shape you will want to form your balloon.
- Round balloons are best to store the most candy, and the bigger the balloon the better.
- Ready to start applying your newspaper strips to your balloon, so start by dipping a strip into your bowl of paste. The article suggests you remove any excess paste by pulling the strips gently through pinched fingers, you also can drag them along the edge of the bowl the article suggests.
- Now comes the fun part, you will want to start the strips onto the balloon in a crisscrossing pattern. Do this until you have the entire ballon covered, but leave the balloon knot uncovered.
- You will want to provide three to four layers, but it is very important to allow each layer to dry completely before beginning the next layer.
- Once you have all the layers allow your homemade pinta to dry completely and harden, so this is the basic method of making your New Years Pinata.
For those of you who might not be the crafty type, you are able to purchase pinta’s and still use this family time activity on how to celebrate new years with kids. By purchasing one of the kits available, you can save yourself time.
COVID New Year Tips
Since it seems COVID is going to be a part of our lives for quite some time, we must learn to live with it as safely as we possibly can. So I have some guidelines that might help you, and even though most of them are commonsense many of us are too overwhelmed to think of them on our own.
- Stick to celebrating with those who live in your household, and even though big spreader parties are out this year we still can enjoy celebrating. Actually, this might even provide many families high-quality family time, so maybe COVID is not all bad after all?
- Why not get the family together to decorate the homestead together, you can create your own party atmosphere despite keeping it small.
- When you have children, you can have more fun than you might ever imagine. Take the time to come up with some family games for all ages to play, and even provide prizes is a great idea.
- Just like Christmas, many families might be going digital for New Years’, and even if this is not the same as being there many families tell me it was not as bad as they expected it to be.
- Television is a great resource for being a part of the big celebrations in the cities, so you don’t need to miss out just because you can’t be there in person.
- Remember to prepare your traditional New Years Day meal, and for many people, this is the best part of the new year.
- Share with everyone your resolutions for 2021, and this could possibly even help everyone stick to their resolution with the help of everyone in the family?
So you see there is a bright spot despite COVID, we must just make some adjustments and cut down how many people we party with. I do hope my suggestions above have motivated you on how to celebrate new years with kids this year?
New Year Family Games
Games are an awesome way to celebrate the new year and even for those of you who might not be in the situation to purchase games that does not mean you can’t have fun as well. Let us see what we can come up with for those of you who can’t afford to purchase family time products this year?
- The resolutions game costs you nothing to play, and this actually brings a family closer together. Each person writes down a number of goals they wish to achieve in 2021, so the number should be decided by the family members before you begin. Next, everyone writes each one of their goals on a separate piece of paper, so all the resolutions go in the middle of the table. Each person picks one piece of paper and reads it, you then take turns trying to guess whose goals this belongs too. Keep track of the winners and give out a prize, whenever there is a prize everyone will try much harder to win.
- Children love to play hide n seek, so scavenger hunt is a kind of version of this old-time game. You just come up with things to hide for this fun family activity, and the person who finds the most things is the big winner plus wins the prize.
- How many words can you create with Happy New Year is another good one with children and this one is educational as fun for children of all ages.
- The website Happiness is Homemade provides a free New Year printable word search, so if the members of your clan are into this type of activity, you can print as many of these as you need for the entire family.
These suggestions should get you to start thinking about how to celebrate new years with kids, and next, I have some of the best-selling games families choose for parties.
Best Selling New Year Games
Now for those of you who prefer to purchase a game or two, I have a list of some of the favorites available for you. By combining some of the suggestions above and any of the games that interest you from the list below you can’t help from having lots of fun.
- Hearing Things
- Speed Charades
- It’s In The Bag
- Five Second Rule
- Kids Against Maturity
- Not Parent Approved
- Brain Freeze
- Guess in Ten
- I Should Have Known That
You can check these and more games for your new year’s bash, I do receive a small commission from any purchases. I assure you this does not increase your price of any of the products, and below I have inserted a link for your convenience.
What Are Some Good Prizes
You will make your family time even more fun by providing the best prizes, but maybe you are stumped at what are some good choices? Let us check out some suggestions below, and these are only to get you started thinking.
- You can never go wrong with gift cards, I don’t know anyone who does not love these. The winner is able to shop at the store for what they want the most, so this is my number one choice for those of you who can afford this as a prize. Amazon and Walmart are the most popular stores, so either of these would be good choices.
- Movie night gift bag would be an awesome prize for anyone of any age, you can purchase movies at Walmart for the low price of $5.00 each. Popcorn and movie snacks are also good choices, so this is my second suggestion.
- What about a home-made baked goods bag, I am sure everyone would love to win this prize. You can cook up a batch of their favorite baked snacks, and bag them for the winners to enjoy.
- Candy bags are also a big winner among adults and children, I would go shopping at your nearest dollar store.
- Books are an inexpensive choice as well, you can find many of them at very low prices year-round. If your family is into kindle books that makes it even better, so this is another good one to consider as well.
I am sure this has you thinking of some even better choices on your own, you know your family better than anyone, so you know what would be the best choices. Going shopping at your nearest dollar store is where I would begin, you can find all kind of choices without overspending your budget.
How To Celebrate New Years With Kids
One thing about children is they enjoy more than anything spending time with their family, so it really is not as important what you do. The most important thing is spending the holiday with them, so what you really want to focus on is how to form a closer bond with your family. I wish to complete this article with family time facts, I hope you will read the list below before leaving Free Family Solutions.
- Families that bond when their children as toddlers most often have a closer lifetime relationship than those that don’t.
- Children who feel close to their parents are more free to share their feelings, and this will provide them to feel safe and secure to confide with whatever might be on their mind.
- Kids learn more from their parents and siblings than any other source, so by providing a good example you are giving your children the opportunity to learn good habits.
- Today more kids are starving for affection, and even my own family never showed affection which has had a huge impact on my own life.
- Celebrating and starting traditions is very important, you will find the majority of young adults spend the holidays much as they did when they were children.
Even though there are many more benefits of spending time as a family, I feel these are some very good ones to share with you. Family time is very important to Free Family Solutions, and the reason is I lacked this experience myself as a child.