What is the best affiliate program for beginners, I hear this all the time. As much as I feel the most popular program is taking advantage of new bloggers, you will find that Amazon is many people’s first choice.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. Feel free to read my affiliate disclosure to learn more, and I thank you for visiting What Bloggers Are Talking About.
Why Beginners Choose Amazon?
The main reason so many people starting out choose Amazon is they are well-known, and another reason is they provide products for any niche you are promoting. You should know they are one of the lowest-paid affiliate programs, but this is not even taken as a factor when beginners choose their first affiliate program.
- The largest program in the world
- Products within every niche
- Pays you only 1-10% commission
- 24-hour cookie
Even though I feel the owner who happens to be a millionaire is taking advantage of beginners, you can go to Amazon and check it out for yourself.
What About eBay?
This is a very close competitor to Amazon and a very good alternative for someone starting out new, you will find they actually have a lot to offer you as an affiliate. They are a good choice to consider, so let us learn more about them? Learn more about eBay Partner Network
- Open your own eBay Store
- eBay Auctions
- Find amazing deals
- Bargain hunt with eBay’s best offers
- Free eBay Course
- The bidding feature allows you to pay what you want
- Offers frequent weekly, seasonal, and brand-specific discounts
- Buy It Now feature means you can make instant purchases as well
Are you curious about what kind of deals you can offer your customers, so here is the link that will take you directly to their Daily Deals page.
People Often Overlook Overstock
This is another good choice for you to consider, and if you are not familiar with this store here are some facts you should know.
- Club-O-Gold rewards program means you get free shipping, and 5% back of each order
- Has a “Deals” page so you can see what’s on sale instantly
- Is committed to community responsibility, including their Special Operations Warrior Foundation, and Best Friends Animal Society
- Hand-crafted artesian merchandise
- New products are sold here as well
- 65% of your sales go back to the artists
I am sure you are interested in their affiliate program, so that is what I am going to provide you next.
- Earn up to 6% commission on all products
- 14-day referral period
- Weekly deals, offers, and coupons
- Dedicated affiliate and agency team
- Paid media opportunities
- Exclusive partner offers available
- One of the top home category destinations on the Internet
- Free access to the Overstock data feeds available in both. CSV and. XML formats
- Access to Overstock large assortment of products including Apparel & Accessories, Games, Electronics & Computers, Home & Garden, Jewelry, Sporting Goods, Handmade Goods, and more!
Even though 6% is not going to get you rich, you will find many of their products are unique. The Overstock Affiliate Program surprised me, I experienced my links to convert very well promoting them.
The Leader In The Tech World
Newegg is another one many people forget about, and actually, if you are in the tech niche this is one of your best programs to join.
- Specializes in electronics and tech only
- Has a daily deal
- Has free 3-day (or quicker) shipping on all orders
- Desktop computers
- Digital cameras
- Outstanding customer service
- Price match guarantee
If you are promoting tech products this is the one program you want to check out, and below is what I could find about their program.
- Free to join
- Generous commissions
- Reputable retailer
- Known for their computer hardware and tech gadgets
- Computer electronics
- Tech toys
- Health tech
- Affiliate Tools
- Easy-to-use text and banner links
- The award-winning customer service team
- Dedicated affiliate team for additional support
- Detailed product catalog updated multiple times daily
- RSS feeds
- Deep-linking for creating direct affiliate links to any product on our site
I have never used this program myself, but just what I have shared with you tempts me. If I ever start a tech niche, I am for sure going to be joining Newegg’s Affiliate Program.
The Best Deals In Electronics
Your next possibility specialized in the best deals in the electronic niche, so if this is your thing you will want to check this one out. The company is no stranger to you I am sure, so this program is through Best Buy.
- Top deals
- Deal of the day
- Home theater
- Cell phones
- Video games
- Car electronics
- Wearable technology
- Personal care
- Home furniture
- Office furniture
- Smart home
- Best Buy Outlet
- Best Buy for Business
Are you starting to see there are other options than just Amazon, I think beginners take the easy way out by not researching for alternatives? You will provide a better shopping experience for your customers by promoting a specialty in your niche, so don’t settle for a lower commission before you check out what is available.
Best Buy Affiliate Program
- Easy to join
- Free opportunity
- Leader in the electronic niche
- Large selection of affiliate tools
- A brand people trust
- New banners every week
- Lots of deals for your customers
Could this be your better choice than Amazon, and only you can make this decision? I have provided you some of the better alternatives, so now if you are interested apply for the Best Buy Affiliate Program.
Back To Amazon
For those of you who just have your heart set on Amazon, I am going to walk you through the process. Before I do that you need to know, you should wait to join their program until you have steady traffic to your website. If you don’t receive the required sales within their time period, they will bump you off of the affiliate program.
How To Add Amazon To Your Website
Once you are accepted you have access to all of their products, but remember to only promote those within your niche. You are able to search for specific merchandise through their product search feature, here is an example of a search for basketballs.
Below is an image of your results searching for basketballs, I am sure this will help you much better than me just telling you how it works?
If you follow the red arrow, you will be able to click on that to receive your product affiliate link. The diagram below will show you how to get your code, and if this is helping you please leave me a comment.
We are going to be inserting this on our website, you will want to insert this code in the HTML tab of your page.
The following code above is for a text plus an image, and this is the most productive link most bloggers will use. To insert this on your website you will copy and paste this code, and if you need to refer back to my last article on How to Place Affiliate Links in an Article. do so
After you copy and paste the code, your basketball promotion will appear something like this, but you will need to publish your article for some themes before you can see this.
You have just inserted your first Amazon link, so if this is the program you are going with, you now understand how the process works. I have provided you quite a bit of information in this article, so take your time reading it several times if you need to. I always bookmark important information on my favorites on my browser, so you might want to do the same if this is something you want to refer back to another time?