As more and more people are becoming sick what is Thanksgiving during COVID 19 going to look like for you, and since many of you are not going to be able to get together during this holiday, I have some family fun night ideas for families. With these possible suggestions, you are able to spend your evening doing fun things. We must not allow this crisis to ruin our health or our holidays.
Many families like my own will not be spending Thanksgiving together, and for my family and maybe even your own this will be a difficult time for us all. One thing I plan on doing for my mother and my three sons might interest some of you, I am planning on sending them all a gift basket. By doing this, I am allowing my mother and my three sons to know I am thinking of them. So even if you can’t spend the holiday together, we all can let them know they are in our hearts and on our minds. So let us consider what else we can do being separated for the first time on this holiday, and let your loved ones know they are in your hearts is almost like being there with them.
- Amazon Gift Cards are something my three sons are always happy to receive year-round, so this is another good choice if you really don’t want to send a gift basket.
- I never go wrong when I order a plant for my mother from Logees, and why I love this website is they provide you with rare plants you will not find at your local Walmart.
- For seniors or those who live alone, I suggest you consider sending a Thanksgiving Meal. You can choose from many choices, and if you need some ideas here are the 10 Best Thanksgiving Meal Delivery Boxes.
- Never underestimate the thoughtful gesture of sending a card in the mail, and today you can even do this via email. For your convenience here are some of the better choices, and you might be surprised how much you will brighten someone’s holiday simply by sending them a free e-card to them.
- Another good choice that comes to my mind is the person’s favorite bottle of wine, so this would be a very thoughtful and personal gift to send someone special for Thanksgiving. If you have never done this before, I suggest you check out the website Wine Country Gift Baskets.
So even though you might be separated from your loved ones this year, I hope some of my suggestions inspire you how you can still make this holiday special for those you love.
Even though there is nothing like being together on the holidays, you might know the right thing to do is celebrate virtually this year. So if you need some inspiration for a plan, you can use the link above to get you started on the right track.
Family Activities For Thanksgiving
If you are blessed with a good and loving spouse with children, you really need to plan how to spend the holiday. Instead of feeling blue and depressed, we need to stay busy with fun things to do especially for our children. So next I am going to share some inspiration to get you thinking about how you can spend Thanksgiving, and I hope these get you in the holiday mood despite the COVID-19 crisis.
- Thanksgiving bingo could be something for your entire family, and if you live alone there are online bingo websites that you can play as well. You can even add this to your virtual holiday list, so if this is something that might interest you to use the link below to learn more.
- If your children are young and into coloring, you could have a family coloring contest. You can download for free Thanksgiving coloring pages for children and adults, and here is a website where you can choose from 64 coloring pages especially for this holiday.
- How does free printable trivia sound to you, and if this sounds like something you might be interested in, you might just make this a new family tradition?
So far are these family fun night ideas for families giving you some inspiration for the holiday, and let us see what other options you have that are budget-friendly?
- I just found something that is brand new to me, and do you remember the game hot potato you might have played as a kid? You can create this game as well by using a Thanksgiving replacement instead of a hot potato. All you need is a small object such as a symbol for the holiday, you can even make your own little turkey by getting a free printable turkey online.
- Good Housekeeping provides a unique game called Gratitude A to Z, you start by sharing something you are grateful for starting with the letter A, and the next person does the same only using the letter B, and so on.
- If you are in the situation to invest a little money, you can purchase this game that goes by the name of POKENO. This is a great choice for families interested in poker and bingo, and you can make it even more fun by providing prizes.
- The Journal Game will cost you very little, and you can use a regular notebook purchased from your favorite dollar store. The jest of this game is you pass the notebook around, and each person writes one thing that they are thankful for. You then will read what everyone has written, and you try to guess which person wrote each one.
- Another family fun night ideas for families that come to my mind, you can all start to decorate the homestead for Christmas. Right after Thanksgiving people start getting ready for the biggest holiday of the year, so why not make this a family activity everyone can join in?
- My last suggestion would be to start baking cookies for Christmas as a family, I don’t know anyone who can’t join in on this. Even the youngest member of the family can be a part of this, and this also includes dear old dad.
I do hope I have provided you some inspiration for things you can do as a family for Thanksgiving, and if you sit down together I know you can come up with even more.
Christmas Cookie Recipes
Since I mentioned baking Christmas cookies, I thought it was only right I provide you some recipes to get you started. These are very easy and perfect for your family activity, so below I have shared some of these with you from the article 50 Easy Christmas Cookies provided by Pillsbury. As I am sure you realize there is no possible way I can list all fifty of these, but I will share some to give you an idea of what you can expect if you visit the website.
- Frosted Reindeer
- Peppermint Bark Snowflakes
- Santa Hats
- Yummy Gingerbread Men
- Santa Belly Cookies
- Easy Turtles
- Ooey Gooey Turtle Bars
- Rolo Filled Cookies
- Cheesecake Cups
- Russian Tea Cakes
I am sure the ones I choose to tempt you with has your mouth watering by now, and if you want to get these recipes use the 50 Easy Christmas Cookies link above.
How To Pray For The World
This crisis we are living in is not just in the United States, and I have added prayers on my own prayer list for every person in the world. I strongly believe every person in every country is a child of God, and we must realize there are good people and bad people in every country including the United States. So let us pray for everyone in the world to survive the COVID-19 crisis, we have already lost way too many lives to this terrible virus.
Pray for the World; Pray for the World ” I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness…” – 1 Timothy 2:1-2
Now for those of you who are not comfortable praying for others, I am sharing some guidance to get you started. Once you form this habit it will become natural for you, but the most difficult part for most people is how to get started?
- The first step is to open your heart with sincerity for everyone in the world, and you must not think of people in other countries in a negative manner. Forget that they might look different than you, but accept all people wish for the same things in their lives.
- Secondly, you must make this a regular part of your praying routine, we are people of habits. So as you form this new habit, you will find this will become natural with time and patience.
- We all need to have faith in the words in our prayers, so allow your heart to speak to God through your prayers.
- Sincerely provide love to everyone in the world and even those who might do you wrong. Forgiveness might be very difficult for most of us, but this is something we must do to be able to love the world.
- Many people find prayer requests to be helpful to get started, and you can find many prayer requests online that will cost you nothing.
- I make it a point to pray for everyone in the world living in an area of disaster, and I really feel God approves of us when we talk to him about our thoughts and feelings for those suffering in the world.
These are how I pray for the people suffering in the world, and I hope by sharing these it helps you also start praying for the people you might not know or ever meet in other countries.
Praying For Others Bible Verses
The following bible verses might also benefit you to get started as well, and as you read these really allow them to enter your heart to get the most from them.
Abraham interceded for the people of Sodom for the sake of his nephew Lot (Genesis 18:23-33). He memorably started by asking if God would spare Sodom if 50 righteous people were there. From there he boldly but humbly asked about 45, 40, 30, 20, and finally 10, and God answered, “I will not destroy it for the sake of ten.” Though God did not find 10, He fulfilled Abraham’s intent by sparing Lot and his family.
Moses pleaded for God’s mercy for the sinning people of Israel (Exodus 32:9-14; Numbers 14:11-20). Moses turned down God’s offer to make a nation out of Moses’ descendants and persuasively begged for God’s mercy for God’s name’s sake.
Daniel begged God for his people (Daniel 9:3-19). Daniel’s passionate and meaningful prayer ends with his plea, “O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name”
The Perfect Prayer
Serenity Scott endures the unthinkable act of both mental and physical abuse from her parents. Parents are supposed to be the ones that kids trust with their life. Moms and dads should be the heroes that make the bad guys disappear and help their children escape the monsters in their dreams. This was not Serenity’s case; instead, her dreams were her reality. Her trust was trampled by her mom Jamie and her heart was broken by her father Kenneth. Serenity loses her faith in God and now she is in search of THE PERFECT PRAYER
Family Fun Night Ideas For Families
Free Family Solutions really cares about everyone in the world, and the intent of my article is to provide you resources and information to solve some of your problems. Right now, we are all seeking the solution to the same problem all over the world, and if only the United States government would work with the other countries this solution might be available so much sooner. Please open your heart to all the people in the world, and I promise you will feel so much better despite how our world has been turned upside down.